Methodology for the field of city logistics and sustainable urban mobility
In 2018, the members of the Department of Logistics, together with the Center for Digital Transformation of the Institute of Management of the University of Economics, implemented a project for the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic and the Office of the Government of the Czech Republic entitled “Study of the readiness of city logistics for the development of courier express and parcel services in the environment of Smart Cities projects”. The main goal of the project was to create a methodology for evaluating the readiness of city logistics in cities in the Czech Republic for the growth of volumes of courier, express and parcel (KEB) services. The main goal was planned to be fulfilled through two specific goals: 1) Analysis of current best practices in the field of KEB services and SC projects in the field of city logistics from European cities of various sizes according to the number of inhabitants. 2) Defining the position of KEB services within the city of logistics from a macro and micro perspective.
At the end of 2019, this methodology for the area of city logistics and sustainable urban mobility was recognized by the Ministry of Transport of the Czech Republic as a certified methodology, more here.
Intelligent waste management system within Smart City
Members of the Department of Logistics are cooperating within the Center for Digital Transformation of the Institute of Management of the University of Economics in Prague on a project called “Intelligent system for waste management operation within Smart City”, together with the main researcher of the company Etnetera AppSatori s.r.o.
The aim of the project is to improve IT solutions supporting waste management through IoT. The created innovative software will make it possible to offer completely new services in the field of waste management with an impact on increasing efficiency and on the ecology and quality of services for the population. The project is implemented with the financial participation of the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic. Project implementation in 2019-2020.
Research project for Unipetrol RPA
Since November 2017, members of the Department of Logistics have been working on a project for Unipetrol RPA as part of contract research. This is a several-stage project under the collective title “Petrochemical Logistics – Intermodal Distribution Network for Polyolefins – The Study Phase” in which the department develops the concept of intermodal distribution of polyolefins. The concept contains legal, procedural, organizational and technical aspects. This project is one of the most important contract research projects at FPH.
- Identification and development of logistic technologies based on intensification function of transport and also on their suitability to be implemented in the Czech Republic. The leading researcher was prof. Ing. Svoboda, CSc. (DF ČVUT Praha), participation. SBP Praha. For MD ČR, multi-year project.
- Intensification function of public logistic centres and their suitability for implementation in the Czech Republic. Grant project sponsored by GA ČR.
- New theory of Economy and Management of organizations and their adopting processes. Leading researcher was prof. Ing. Kislingerová, CSc. (KPE FPH VŠE in Prague), participation. VZ MŠMT ČR, multi-year project.
- E – Business and e-Logistics and their application in current Czech corporate situation and preparedness of Czech companies for their implementation. Grant project sponsored by IGA VŠE in Prague.
- Analysis of structures and also behaviour of supply chains in the transition to The New Economy. Grant project sponsored by IGA VŠE in Prague.
- Analysis of new requirements expected from supply chains in the area of e-Commerce and also searching for ways how to fulfil them. Grant project sponsored by IGA VŠE in Prague.
- Modelling of Supply Chain Alignment. Leading researchers from UNSW a UoW, Australia, participation.
- Safe and economical transport. Participation on research. Project done for MD ČR.
- Support of sustainable development in transport. Participation on research. Project done for
- Road transport code. Research realized with the Czech association for transport law. Project done for MD ČR.
- Effective methods of support for small and medium entities of culture in the area of national and international economy. Leading researcher Prof. Petr Dostál, MA., Ph.D. Participation on research. Project done for the Ministry of Culture CR, NAKI.
- Lean logistic system and methods of measuring its performances in conditions of the 2nd decade of 21. century in the processing industry. Grant project sponsored by IGA VŠE in Prague.
- Impact of road infrastructure development on the quality of European container terminals and on the possibility of their further development. Grant project sponsored by IGA VŠE in Prague.
Topics of doctoral thesis defended in the Department of Logistics
- Logistics in passenger transport
- Logistics and intercultural management
- Integrated approaches of logistics management as a part of strategic corporate management in the global economy
- Distribution in food and beverage supply chains
- Implementation of logistics including new findings of management and their application in construction business.
- E-Logistics and Czech companies
- Impact of change in distribution units on logistic processes and costs
- City Logistics and simulation in City Logistics
- Specifics in outsourcing of logistic services
- Organisational-process Inefficiencies in Intermodal Tranport and their elimination in the Field of Maritime Shipping